- How to Install / Update Windows Server 2012?
You can officially download Windows Server 2012 from Microsoft’s website. I’ll walk you through the process of installing Windows Server 2012 R2. The good news is that with every version of Windows, installing the OS becomes easier and faster, and Windows Server 2012 R2 is no exception. Before you start, you’ll either need the Windows Server 2012 R2 DVD media from Microsoft, or create your own bootable DVD or USB drive. Go ahead and download the Windows Server 2012 R2 Full Edition ISO.
Windows Server 2012 System Requirements:
|Component||Minimum Requirement||Microsoft Recommended|
|Processor||1.4 GHz||2 GHz or faster|
|Memory||512 MB RAM||2 GB RAM or greater|
|Available Disk Space||32 GB||40 GB or greater|
|Optical Drive||DVD-ROM drive||DVD-ROM drive|
|Display||Super VGA (800×600) monitor||XGA (1024×768) monitor|
Just download the Windows Server 2012 .ISO Image file and burn it to Bootable USB flash drive or Bootable DVD, and after that use it for manual installation on multiple desktop PCs and Laptops.
- Under License terms, check I accept the license terms and click Next.
- On the Which type of installation do you want? screen, click Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Finally, below Where do you want to install Windows?, select the drive you want to use for Windows Server and click Next. On this screen you can also create, delete and format partitions if required.
Now wait for Windows setup to copy and expand the files to disk, and the server will restart automatically and installation will continue. The final part of the procedure is to enter a password for the local administrator account.
- On the Settings screen, enter and confirm a password for the Administrator account and click Finish.
You’ll then be presented with the logon screen, where you can press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to sign on using the local administrator account and password configured in the previous step.
2.Windows Server 2012 Activation ?
You can enter Genuine Key of Windows Server 2012 which one you bought from MS Office Works upon installation.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Key: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Windows Server 2012 Screenshots / Images :