This document will guide you through the installation and activation of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, Visio Professional 2013 & Project Professional 2013.
The option we recommend is to unzip the downloaded .ISO file with 7zip.
Download the latest version here: http://www.7-zip.org/
Once downloaded and installed, just unzip it by right-clicking the .iso file in the folder you want.
Locate the downloaded .exe file in folder. The .exe file will be used for installation.
Removing Old or Trial Versions:
Before starting the download of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013, you must uninstall any old or trial versions you may still have installed on your machine. Remove the following applications:
- Old or trial versions of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.
- Compatibility Pack for Office 2010.
- Any new versions that you have tried to download/install unsuccessfully.
To remove/uninstall an application:
- Go to Control Panel. Depending on the version of Windows you are using, choose one of the following:
- Add/Remove Programs.
- Uninstall a program.
- Locate the application you want to remove.
- Double click the application name.
- Follow the instructions for removing the application.
Downloading pending Windows Updates
Your current Operating System (OS) must be up to date with “Windows Updates” before you can install the new software. When the updates are completed, you can install the new software.
To download pending Windows updates:
- Click the START button.
- Click ALL PROGRAMS.
- Click the WINDOWS UPDATE link.
- Download any pending updates.
32-Bit Versus 64-Bit
Although, both 32-bit and 64-bit options are available for installation, we recommended that you install the 32-bit version regardless of your OS because the 32-bit option has fewer compatibility issues.
- Navigate to your computer’s download file (C:\Users\Your Username\Downloads by default).
- Open the folder for the version of Windows Office Professional Plus 2013 that you wish to install (32-bit or 64-bit).
- In the folder that opens, double click on the file setup.exe.
- Read the license agreement, select I accept the terms of this agreement and then click Continue.
- Click Install Now:Note: If you have a previous version of Microsoft Office installed in your computer, this button will read “Upgrade“.
- Wait while the software is installed.
- Once the installation is complete, click Close.
- From the start menu click All programs >> Microsoft Office 2013, then click on any program in the folder (e.g. Access 2013, Excel 2013) to open it.
- The activate Office Window will open. Click Enter the product key instead.
- Enter the product key and then click Continue.
- Ensure the option Use recommended settings option is selected, and click Accept.
- Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Select the background theme from the list under how would you like your office to look? And then click Next.
- If you wish to associate your software with a Microsoft account for online access to your files, follow steps (a) through (c). Otherwise, click No thanks, maybe later and skip to step 9.
- Click Sign In.
- Select the type of account you have or wish to setup.
- If you already have a Microsoft account, enter your login information and click Sign In. if you do not have a Microsoft account, click Sign up now and follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
- Click All done.Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 is now installed and active on your computer.
Backup CD and USB
Burning a file onto a disc
Once you have successfully downloaded your Microsoft Office software, you can burn the software onto a disc.
To burn MS Office onto a disc:
- On your computer, insert a blank DVD into the DVD/CD ROM drive.
- Launch Windows Explorer and locate the Office Pro Plus 2013 .EXE file. Usually, the file is in the Downloads Folder.
- Right-click the mouse on the .exe file and choose Copy.
- In the panel on the left side, click the name of the drive for the disc that you inserted. The Burn a Disc window is displayed.
- In the Disc title field, enter a name for the disc.
- Click the radio button beside With a CD/DVD player.
- Click the Next button.
- Paste the file into the right panel by right-clicking the mouse and choosing Paste. The progress bar is displayed.
- When the file has completed copying, in the top bar click the Burn to Disc button.The Burn to Disc application launches.
- In the Disc Title field, enter a name for the disc.
- Click the Next button. The burning process begins.When the burning is completed, the confirmation window is displayed.
- Click the Finish button.You now have a burned copy of the software. You can use the disc to install the software on a different machine.Note: To launch the installation on the new machine, you will need to first copy and paste the file from the CD/DVD onto the new machine (i.e. desktop) and double click to run/launch the installation wizard.
The software will launch from the CD/DVD disc, but it will run very slowly.
Copying files to a USB flash drive:
To copy files to a USB flash drive:
- On your computer, insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
- Wait until the computer recognizes the new device.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Computer.
- In the right panel, double-click the removable disc icon. This is the USB flash drive.
- Leave this window open.
- Select the files you want to copy onto the USB flash drive.
- Drag the file into the removable disk window. The files are copied onto the USB flash drive.
- Close the removable disc window.
- While in the Computer window, right click the removable disc icon and choose Eject. It is now safe to remove the device from the computer.Source : Technology Pitt Edu